- Meehan, Thomas. The American Handbook of Ornamental Trees. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1853.
- Meehan. The Native Flowers and Ferns of the United States : in Their Botanical, Horticultural and Popular Aspects. Boston: L. Prang & Co., 1878.
- Meehan, T. "The plants of Lewis and Clark expedition across the continent, 1804-1806." Proceeding of the Academy of Natural Sciences at Philadelphia (1898): 12-49.
- Meehan, W. E. "Horticulturists: Thomas Meehan" in The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture, ed. by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1935, v. 2, p. 1587-1588.
- Oberle, Stephanie Ginsberg. "The Influence of Thomas Meehan on Horticulture in the United States." Germantown Crier 49 (Spring 1999): 4-25.
- White, Richard P. A Century of Service: A History of the Nursery Industry Associations of the United States. Washington, DC: American Association of Nurserymen, Inc., 1975, p. 389.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.