> Images from this holding
Eli P. Zebooker Collection
Athenaeum of Philadelphia
10 x 14 inches
Printed in the bottom left corner below the image: "Designed & Published by W. Birch Enamel Painter."
Description: View showing the second edifice of the Bank of Pennsylvania (established 1780), built between 1798 and 1801, after the designs of architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe, on South Second Street above Walnut Street. In the foreground, groups of men converse, a boy pets a dog, and men enter and leave the bank. The first American building built in the Greek Revival style, the bank building was razed in 1867.
Print from plate published in The city of Philadelphia, in the state of Pennsylvania North America; as it appeared in the year 1800. Second edition 1804 consisting of twenty copper-plates. Second edition, plate 21.
- Quantity: 1
- Local Call: 237-PR-017
- Item dates: 1804
Documented Architects, Engineers, and Others
There are no architects, engineers, or others linked to this record.
[Bank of Pennsylvania, South Second Street, Philadelphia]
Eli P. Zebooker Collection, Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Local ID #: 237-PR-017
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.