Due to growing demand, the Girls' Normal School moved from Sergeant Street into a larger school building made specifically for the school at 17th & Spring Garden Streets in November 1876 and called the school the Girls' High School.
Another school was built at 13th & Spring Garden Streets in November 1893 in addition to the school at 17th & Spring Garden Streets. The new school building was called the New Girls' Normal School and intended to house the Normal School and the Practice School.
replaced Normal School building of 1853
known from 1892 as High School for Girls