[John H. Taggart Combined Grammer, Secondary and Primary School]
John H. Taggart School/Southeast corner Fifth and Porter Streets./First Section.
Local ID #: 219
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 219, 221
SE corner of 5th Street and PORTER ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
Also on this site:
John H. Taggart School
This school is within the First Section: "The boundaries of the First Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the First Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Wharton Street, along the River Delaware to the Back Channel, to Broad Street, to Passyunk Avenue, to Wharton Street." (Curtis, p. 219). The building is the largest school in the Section as of 1897.
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.