- Building Type: church, school
23rd St (Above Callowhill Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
The building was originally a church and then in 1848, the Commisioners of the Spring Garden Distritic remodeled the building into a school. The school building was torn down and a new building was built in the same location, which opened in May 1872.
This building was within the fifteenth section: "The boundaries of the Fifteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Fifteenth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Broad Street and the Schuylkill River, Vine and Poplar Streets," (Curtis, p. 309).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.