BRANDYWINE ST (Above 15th Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
The Bethany School was established in 1868 and changed names in 1874 to Charles Sumner School. This building was within the fifteenth section: "The boundaries of the Fifteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Fifteenth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Broad Street and the Schuylkill River, Vine and Poplar Streets," (Curtis, p. 309).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.