[Ulysses S. Grant Combined Grammar and Secondary School]
U. S. Grant Combined Grammar and Secondary School/Northeast corner Seventeenth and Pine Streets./Seventh Section.
Local ID #: 263
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
NE corner of 17th St and PINE ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
J. Sylvester Ramsey School
In 1869, Secondary School No. 2 transferred from the Ramsey School building on Pine and Quince Street to the new building on 17th & Pine Street. This building was within the seventh section: "The boundaries of the Seventh Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Seventh Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Seventh Street, the Schuylkill River, South and Spruce Streets," (Curtis, p. 261).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.