SPRUCE ST (Near Rittenhouse Square)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Southwestern Grammar School
This was the first school of the seventh section and opened in 1826. The building was within the seventh section: "The boundaries of the Seventh Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Seventh Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Seventh Street, the Schuylkill River, South and Spruce Streets," (Curtis, p. 261).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.