LOMBARD ST (Near 20th Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
This school was established due to the growing demand of students and the Consolidation of 1854. The school changed names in 1895 from Primary School No. 5 to Primary School No. 4. This building was within the seventh section: "The boundaries of the Seventh Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Seventh Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Seventh Street, the Schuylkill River, South and Spruce Streets," (Curtis, p. 261).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.