17th Street near MARKET ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
Due to depopulation (c. 1868), the school was closed. This building was within the ninth section: "The boundaries of the Ninth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Ninth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Seventh Street and the Schuylkill River, Chestnut and Arch Streets," (Curtis, p. 277).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2021 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2021 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.