[Morton McMichael Combined Grammar and Secondary School]
Morton McMichael Combined Grammar and Secondary School,/Thirty-fifth Street and Fairmount Avenue./Twenty-fourth Section.
Local ID #: 413
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 405-406, 413
N 36TH ST near FAIRMOUNT AVE
> Search near this location
> View location in
Belmont Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
Haverford Combined Secondary and Primary School
The school was organized in March 1892 with students transferred from the Belmont and Haverford Schools. This building was within the twenty-fourth section: "The boundaries of the Twenty-fourth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Twenty-fourth Section of the First School District of Pennsyvlania, are the Schuylkill River, Market Street, Meadow, Haverford, Fourty-fourth Street, Belmont Avenue and City Avenue," (Curtis, p. 405).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.