[Haverford Combined Secondary and Primary School]
Haverford Combined Secondary and Primary School,/Haverford Street, above Thirty-fifth./Twenty-fourth Section.
Local ID #: 415
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 405-406, 415
Haverford St (Above 35th Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Mantua Primary School No. 1 (Twenty-fourth Section)
Morton McMichael Combined Grammar and Secondary School
Students from the Mantua School were transferred to the Haverford School which opened in 1876 and combined in 1890. In March 1892, several students were transferred to the Morton McMichael School. This building was within the twenty-fourth section: "The boundaries of the Twenty-fourth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Twenty-fourth Section of the First School District of Pennsyvlania, are the Schuylkill River, Market Street, Meadow, Haverford, Fourty-fourth Street, Belmont Avenue and City Avenue," (Curtis, p. 405).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.