[John H. Webster Grammar School]
John H. Webster Grammar School,/Frankford Avenue and Ontario Street./Twenty-fifth Section.
Local ID #: 419
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 417, 419, 421
FRANKFORD AVE near Ontario Street
> Search near this location
> View location in
Henry W. Halliwell Grammar School
James Martin Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
John H. Webster Secondary and Primary School
The school openned in 1873 and in 1893, the Halliwell Grammar School boys' section transferred into the Webster Grammar School. This building was within the twenty-fifth section: "The boundaries of the Twenty-fifth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Twenty-fifth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh Avenue, Kensington Avenue, the Delaware River and Frankford Creek," (Curtis, p. 417).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.