Frankford Road near Ontario Avenue
> Search near this location
> View location in
James Martin Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
John H. Webster Grammar School
The school was originally located in a residencial house and then in the basement of a unknown church on Frankford Avenue and Ontario Street until this building was built in 1893. This building was within the twenty-fifth section: "The boundaries of the Twenty-fifth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Twenty-fifth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh Avenue, Kensington Avenue, the Delaware River and Frankford Creek," (Curtis, p. 417).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.