MASTER ST (West of 2nd Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
John Moffet Grammar Schools (for boys)
In 1891, students from the Harrison Grammar School moved into the newly built John Moffet Grammar School building (2nd & Oxford Streets) and the Harrison school house closed. This building is within the seventeenth section: "The boundaries of the Seventeenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Seventeenth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Oxford Street, Frankford Avenue, Girard Avenue and Sixth Street," (Curtis, p. 325).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.