[Vaughan Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School]
Vaughan Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School/Marlborough Street, above Thompson./Eighteenth Section.
Local ID #: 333
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 331, 333
MARLBOROUGH ST (Above Thompson Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Alexander Adaire Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
Prior to this school building, the 'Yellow School-house' was located on this site. The Morris School was transferred in 1867 to this school building. This building was within the the eighteenth section: "The boundaries of the Eighteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Eighteenth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Laurel Street and the Delaware River, to Frankford Avenue, Norris Street to the Aramingo Canal, to Lehigh Avenue to the Delaware River," (Curtis, p. 331).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.