7th Street (Above York Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
John F. Hartranft School
Before the erection of this school building in 1892, the school was located in a building on 5th Street since 1886, (Curtis, p. 348). This building was within the nineteenth section: "The boundaries of the Nineteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Nineteenth Seciton of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Frankford Avenue and Norris Street, to Oxford, to Sixth, to Germantown Avenue, to Lehigh Avenue, to Kensington Avenue, to Front Street, to Norris, to Frankford Avenue," (Curtis, p. 347).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.