American Street (Above Columbia Avenue)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Cohocksink Secondary School
The school was organized in 1850 and a secondary and primary section was added. In 1867, the secondary section moved to the Cohocksink School on 4th Street and Montgomery Avenue, (Curtis, p. 351). This building was within the nineteenth section: "The boundaries of the Nineteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Nineteenth Seciton of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Frankford Avenue and Norris Street, to Oxford, to Sixth, to Germantown Avenue, to Lehigh Avenue, to Kensington Avenue, to Front Street, to Norris, to Frankford Avenue," (Curtis, p. 347).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.