Palmer St (Above Thompson Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Alexander Adaire Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
Vaughan Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School
This school was built in 1837. In 1867, the school was transferred to the Vaughan school building (Marlborough Street). The school building at Palmer Street was torn down and the Alexander Adaire School was built on this site in 1892. This building was within the the eighteenth section: "The boundaries of the Eighteenth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Eighteenth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Laurel Street and the Delaware River, to Frankford Avenue, Norris Street to the Aramingo Canal, to Lehigh Avenue to the Delaware River," (Curtis, p. 331).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.