[Alexander Henry Combined School]
Alexander Henry Combined School,/Paul and Unity Streets./Twenty-third Section.
Local ID #: 401
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 397-398, 401
PAUL ST near UNITY ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
The school was dedicated after the city's chief executive during the Civil War and was dedicated in 1870. This building was within the twenty-third section: "The boundaires of the Twenty-third Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Twenty-third Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Frankford Creek, Castor Road, Dark Run Lane and the Delaware River," (Curtis, p. 397).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.