[M. Hall Stanton Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School]
M. Hall Stanton Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School,/Cumberland and Sixteenth Streets./Twenty-eighth Section.
Local ID #: 461
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 453-454, 461
NE corner of N 16TH ST and W CUMBERLAND ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
Also on this site:
M. Hall Stanton School
The school opened in 1891. This building was within the twenty-eighth section: "Up to the close of 1896, when the Twenty-eighth Ward was divided, its boundaries were from Broad Street and Susquehanna Avenue to Germantown Avenue, to Roberts Avenue, to Wissahickon Avenue, to School Lane, to the Schuylkill River, to Susquehanna Avenue, to Broad Street. When the ward was divided Lehigh Avenue was made the separating line, and the northern of the two parts became the Thirty-eighth Ward, while the other remained the Twenty-eighth," (Curtis, p. 453).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.