MARSHALL ST near E SOMERSET ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
Fairhill School (1875 - 1879)
Fairhill School (1879 - 1887)
The school was orginally located on Indiana Avenue from 1875-1879 in a building intended as a stable. Then the school moved to a dwelling-house on Fairhill and Cambria Streets from 1879 to 1887 when this building was erected and opened on Marshall Street. This building was within the thirty-third section: "The boundaries of the Thirty-third Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Thirty-third Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh and Kensington Avenues, Frankford and Wingohocking Creeks, Bristol Township Line, Germantown Avenue and Lehigh Avenue," (Curtis, p. 509).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.