[Jesse George Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School]
Jesse George Combined Grammar, Secondary and Primary School,/Sixty-third and Hamilton Streets./Thirty-fourth Section.
Local ID #: 527
Custis, John Trevor. The Public Schools of Philadelphia, Historical, Biographical, Statistical. Philadelphia: Burk & McFetridge Co., 1897.,
p. 519-520, 527
N 63RD ST near W GIRARD AVE
N 63RD ST near HAMILTON ST
> Search near this location
> View location in
Why are there multiple addresses or locations listed?
Secondary and Primary classes from the Haddington School on 66th & Merion Avenue were transferred into the Jesse George School upon the buildings' erection in 1874. This building was within the thirty-fourth section: "The boundaries of the Thirty-fourth Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Thirty-fourth Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Market Street, Meadow, Haverford, Forty-fourth, Belmont Avenue, City Avenue and Cobb's Creek," (Curtis, p. 519).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.