- Building Type: dwelling, school
Fairhill Street near Cambria Street
> Search near this location
> View location in
Fairhill Combined Secondary and Primary School
Fairhill School (1875 - 1879)
The school was the original located on Indiana Avenue from 1875-1879 until it became dilapidated and the school moved to a dwelling-house on Fairhill and Cambria Streets from 1879 to 1887. Then in 1887 a school building was erected and opened on Marshall Street. This building was within the thirty-third section: "The boundaries of the Thirty-third Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Thirty-third Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh and Kensington Avenues, Frankford and Wingohocking Creeks, Bristol Township Line, Germantown Avenue and Lehigh Avenue," (Curtis, p. 509).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.