- Building Type: dwelling, school
GERMANTOWN AVE (Opposite Brunner Street)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Asa Packer Consolidated School
This school was originally private until 1842 and in 1851, the school changed its name to Randolph Consolidated School. In 1880, the school transferred out of the dwelling-house and into a building on Broad & MacFerran Street and became the Asa Packer School. This building was within the thirty-third section: "The boundaries of the Thirty-third Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Thirty-third Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh and Kensington Avenues, Frankford and Wingohocking Creeks, Bristol Township Line, Germantown Avenue and Lehigh Avenue," (Curtis, p. 509).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2022 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2022 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.