- Building Type: church, school
Rising Sun Lane near North Pennsylvania Railroad
> Search near this location
> View location in
Bayard Taylor Combined Secondary and Primary School
The school was established in 1856 in the Franklin Baptist Church. In 1869 the school moved to the Enterprise Consolidated School. This building was within the thirty-third section: "The boundaries of the Thirty-third Ward of the City of Philadelphia, which comprises the Thirty-third Section of the First School District of Pennsylvania, are Lehigh and Kensington Avenues, Frankford and Wingohocking Creeks, Bristol Township Line, Germantown Avenue and Lehigh Avenue," (Curtis, p. 509).
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.