Project

Also known as: Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (1785)
Overview Chronology References Architects Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS
 

[Conewago Chapel]
Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission Cultural Resources Database

Overview

  • Building Type: chapel

Location

(3 mi. NW of Hanover, Conewago Township)
Adams County, PA (Hanover (vicinity))

> Search near this location

> View location in Google Maps

Historic Registrations and Surveys

  • National Register: 75001604 (1/29/1975)

Comments

The fresco of the Assumption on the nave ceiling and the four Evangelists were painted in 1844 by Gebhart. In 1851 the paintings on the transept and apse ceiling and the transept walls were added by Franz Stecher of Austria. Filippo Costaggini also added work in 1887. Lorenzo Scattaglia also added decorations in 1887.

Links to Other Databases

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.