Project

Also known as: Summerville; Lewis, William House
Overview Chronology References Architects Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1788-1789
BUILT
1825
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

South wing added

Client: Hemphill, Joseph
c. 1828
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

North wing added

Client: Hemphill, Joseph
1870
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Porches added to front and rear

c. 1926
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Porches removed

1926-1931
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Restored

Pedersen, Erling H. (1900? - 1981?)
1975-1976
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Rehabilitated

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.