Project

Overview Chronology References Architects Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1871-1873
BUILT
Architect: Richards, Thomas Webb (1836 - 1911)
1875
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

High altar imported from Rome

1890
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Chancel, western entrance porch built, High altar installed in chancel

Architect: Burns, Charles Marquedent (1838-1922)
1907
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Tower raised to two stories, spire and terra cotta pinnacles added

Architect: Wetherill, Herbert Johnson (1873 - 1955)
c. 1910
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Enclosed cloister added, chancel altered

1937
REBUILT

Rebuilding after fire

Barney & Banwell (fl. 1929 - 1956?)
1973
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Spire removed

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2024 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2024 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.