Project

Also known as: Coliseum Bazaar (1845-1847); Herkness Bazaar (1847-1915)
Overview Chronology References Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1840
BUILT

Opened Sept. 1840 as The Coliseum, an exhibition space for Panoramas

1845
OTHER

Name Changed to Coliseum Bazaar

Client: George Carter & Co.
1847
OTHER

Name changed to Herkness Bazaar

Client: Alfred M. Herkness
1915
DEMOLISHED
Client: Wetherill, Samuel Price

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.