Project

Also known as: Philadelphia Stock Exchange; Merchant's Exchange
Overview Chronology References Architects Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1832-1833
BUILT
Struthers, John (1786 - 1851) (Marble Mason)
Architect: Strickland, William (1788 - 1854)
1838
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Marble lions imported from Italy

1871
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS
Architect: Furness & Hewitt (fl. 1871-1875)
1891
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Interior altered

Architect: Day, Frank Miles (1861 - 1918)
1901-1903
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Interior gutted and rebuilt

Architect: Hickman, Louis Caron (1863 - c.1917)
1964-1965
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Exterior and lantern tower restored

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.