Hotchkin, Samuel F. Rural Pennsylvania in the Vicinity of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Geo. W. Jacobs, 1897.,
p. 115, 126
View all citations from this source
Project Information from this Source
Sutton Residence, "Brightstone"
Sutton, W. Henry
Cited Architects, Engineers, and Others
Haverford, Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, PA
- "The five acres which comprise the country-seat were purchased of Dr. James Anderson. The place is on Lancaster Avenue, in front of the campus of Haverford College. The house was built in A.D. 1877 and 1878, the architect being Mr. J.C. Sidney, and the builder, Mr. Davis, of Conshohocken. The material of the dwelling is gray stone. The place is called Brightstone, by reason of the mica sparkling in the stone."
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.