Hotchkin, Samuel F. Rural Pennsylvania in the Vicinity of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Geo. W. Jacobs, 1897.,
p. 119, 123, 129
View all citations from this source
Project Information from this Source
Cited Architects, Engineers, and Others
There are no architects, engineers, or others linked to this record.
- "In 1863 the Alumni Hall and Library were built. In 1876-77 Barclay Hall, containing private dormitories and study-rooms, was erected, at a cost of $82,00, which was collected by subscription. The Chemical Laboratories were improved in 1878. The new Observatory was built in 1883, the Mechanical Laboratory established in 1884, and a new building erected in 1890; the Biological Laboratory was established in 1886, and the Physical Laboratory in 1888. Chase Hall, for lecture and recitation rooms, was built in 1888, and the Cricket Shed in 1893...The college has a remarkably pleasant and healthful location in the township of Haverford, Delaware County, PA. The buildings are surrounded by grounds of about sixty acres, tastefully laid out, adorned with well-kept lawns, and a great variety of trees and shrubbery."
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.