Hotchkin, Samuel F. Rural Pennsylvania in the Vicinity of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Geo. W. Jacobs, 1897.,
p. 139, 161
View all citations from this source
Project Information from this Source
Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church
Cited Architects, Engineers, and Others
There are no architects, engineers, or others linked to this record.
Bryn Mawr, Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, PA
- "The stone chapel, now almost completely covered with its mantle of ivy, was finished and dedicated in the sprint of 1874.... A new church was commenced in 1884, and completed and consecrated free of debt in 1886. It is made of Trenton brownstone, with a square tower at the southwest corner, in which is the main door of entrance. In 1893 the work of building a large addition to the church was undertaken, and the following year was finished. This Sunday-school annex is on the north side of the church. It contains a beautiful, well-lighted and well-ventilated room, 60 by 40 feet in size, having separated rooms for adult and primary classes connected with it by folding and sliding doors. A neat parsonage, built partly of stone and partly of wood, stands on the same lot with the other buildings."
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.